What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Wednesday, July 16, 2008

Computer Graphics libraries

People have been asking me a lot about Computer Graphics researches and libraries.

Well, all I use is made by me. If I have just one or several libraries is a philosophical discussion for me. My software architecture lets me distribute only low level parts if I would like, but it doesn't matter. It's all part of the same project and goal: a professional software with absolutely no dependencies.

Despite this huge project has been made by just one person, there is another very big difference. Second what I know, I have the only, non commercial, made from scratch library big and strong enough to make all the hundreds of different low level tasks by itself and also the complex filters/effects constructed over.

The free CG software world is like this: usually you can see some few low level libraries for very specific tasks or offering only raw tools. When you find a software for more complex operations, it is always based on one or more lower level libraries. In other words: in fact a lot of thing is out of control.

I make everything at all. For now it can look irrelevant concerning the final result, but it isn't. Life cycle of open source libraries is very unpredictable. As the time goes, the total control I have over everything will make me more and more powerful to deliver new results.

No comments: