What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Automatic Cartoonization?

Beside the development of new "nature like" effects for text, I'm working hard to create a new effect to final user.

I'm calling that "cartoonization". Yes, exactly like this. The idea is to transform arbitrary photos in "cartoon style" drawings, but keeping as most as possible the original information.

It's in the very beginning and I don't know if I will be able to make a math model for that. What I already know is: it's a really hard task that needs a very complex model made of several smaller ones, since I will deal with a lot of math properties of input photos.

I'm working so hard in P2P project that I'm not having time to post frequently.

No comments: