What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Friday, March 13, 2009

More power to Picture to People libraries

Despite hundreds of effects I already could code in Picture to People site with the libraries I have, I'm not satisfied.

I want more. I would like to have the more powerful (non-commercial) Computer Graphics libraries ever. I think the most powerful CG libraries should offer advanced vector based operations over arbitrary sets of pixels.

With some hard effort, I could find a professional anti-aliasing level making complex operations over bitmaped images. Now it has been a big challenge to take my vector libraries to the next level: be able to make all this operations with an arbitrary alpha channel by input pixel. Beside this, each drawing object can have self-overlapping.

This new kind of operation turns useless a lot of common algorithms for anti-aliased filling and drawing. The reason is simple: when you have to deal with so complicated alpha requirements, the anti-aliasing techniques can not generate any over-painting. If so, your alpha calculations will get wrong, compromising the final drawing.

I'm very busy with this complex low level problem, so I'm not having time to post.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: