What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Text with plant leafs


I have created an effect to make text of plant leafs. In fact, I'm preparing new text renderings like this, but I think it's not strong enough for my plans.

I'm really happy cause I could tackle the last (known) bugs of my vectorial renderer. I will use it as base for new libraries. I intend to create a lot of hard source code to make procedural brushes and strokes so powerful as never seen before in an unique software. Well ... I will not tell more for now. I still need to improve a lot my low level libraries before this can come true.

Anyway, I'm still creating this stylistic text renderings to enjoy you for a while. Above you can see a word made of leafs.

3 comments:

David said...

So, the leafs will be made with a brush? That would be perfect for touching up pictures that don't have enough greenery.

Leonardo C. de Almeida said...

Well, not exactly like that.

These "nature like" text renderings are made using math information of raster patterns. The bigger advantage of this approach is the realistic result. The bad point is: this kind of operation usually doesn't offer easy closure.

My first intention is to make a vector based procedural brush engine. It will be able to draw based on half-dimensions or conditional recursive transformations. This kind of algorithm can be used, for example, to generate fractals.

If everything goes right, finally I will try to make a complex engine merging the both above. For now it's a dream, but I like to plan high.

Anonymous said...

The explanation is totally beyond my comprehension, but the result is beautiful! I think this is my favorite of your text renderings so far :)