What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Friday, October 19, 2007

Polygons, Curves, Glyphs and more

For now, I'm very concentrated about set operations on polygons/curves.

I have the known articles about this theme. Some are not enough to degenerated cases, others have closure but are very hard to understand in deep or not so good for a "real" implementation.

I'm making my algorithm. By my math tests, it has closure if you know how to deal with the "bad" cases. Unfortunately, the implementation is getting infinite loop for some degenerated situations. How the coding has a lot of pointer indirections and the internal tasks are not so obvious, the debugging is a little bit hard. I suspect this behavior is coming from floating point imprecision. I should be very bad ... I hope I'm wrong.

Most of set operations in polygons can be "simulated" by correct use of layers. So, why this work? Cause I'm making my own code for font rendering also. I want to get a unique library for dealing with polygons, curves and font glyphs. A glyph can be very complex and usually you can understand it how a list of curves interacting by set operations. That's the reason.

Maybe I will not write here again until this part is done.

No comments: