What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Tuesday, May 28, 2013

A new 3D rendering style for solid wire-frames

Now I'm improving one of my new 3D rendering engines by adding new features. It's one more set of improvements for my vector based drawing/rendering library named Maccala.

I'm doing all of this because I have great plans. In fact, I'm developing the functionalities I will need to create new graffiti text effects.

There is a new feature that is almost ready to use. I called it "clean solid wire-frame rendering". It helps to render 3D text that has just the essential lines in the thickness dimension.

It can seem to dummies it's just a trivial simplification, but it's not. It was very hard to develop because the shapes need to be drawn solid and opaque (it goes beyond the technique called "hidden lines removal"). My other solid wire-frame rendering algorithm already was very complicated and strongly based on heuristics. This "clean up" of edges invalidated most of tricks I have used before and needed a lot of other ones. It was almost a total redevelopment involving very hard work.

Below I show this new 3D rendering algorithm in practice. First you see a "normal" 3D wire-frame text and so a "cleaned" 3D wire-frames text created by using my new drawing style.


 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: