What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Thursday, April 21, 2011

Ray traced 3D text

You can't imagine how tired I'm nowadays. I'm studying and working until getting crazy. At least, I'm getting some very expressive results.

Well, let's go to what matters. Despite I'm working on many different fronts in Computer Graphics now, today I will talk about 3D software again. Ray tracing complex objects like 3D text really takes to much time, so this subject takes too much time from me.

This problem is really harder than I wondered before. Complex shapes do have many polygons - without a library (like OpenGL) that couples to a modern video card, rendering them is really a slow job. It comes to be a very big problem when you need to generate very high quality results. The rendering time increases exponentially with the rendering quality.

Problems apart, the library to render ray traced 3D text already is partially functional. Below I show you a teasing sample. Notice the very professional anti-aliasing level.


I would like to post more frequently like in past years, but unfortunately I'm not able to. The stuffs I'm working on are more complex than before, I have too many libraries in my schedule to make and now I have the P2P site to develop and maintain. I don't even have time to rest.

Subscribe in a reader

No comments: