What is Picture to People ?

"Picture to People" (P2P) is a huge Computer Graphics project. It was started to create new softwares able to make 2D drawing, 3D rendering, vexel drawing, text effects, photo effects, image filtering and other complex Computer Graphics operations. It has been made from scratch, including its low level Computer Graphics libraries like Maccala. Nowadays, most final features produced for this project are released as free online tools available from its official website. This blog talks about Computer Graphics, mainly concerning Picture to People development.

"Only who makes has true knowledge. Knowledge is control. True power depends on total control. Only who makes from scratch has the real power."

Saturday, June 29, 2013

An easy way to draw lighting bolts

Recently I was programming some stuff by using Maccala and some other P2P libraries. They are here to make Computer Graphics as easy as possible.

There was a moment when I needed to draw a vector lighting bolt symbol. What a boring task !!! It's harder than we imagine at a first sight. Twenty minutes after beginning this job, it was clear to me: I really wanted an easy way to make that kind of drawings we use to represent bolts.

I spent some time, but I created a method to generate any kind of lighting bolt. I made it so configurable as I could imagine, what turned the mission into something more complicated.

Maybe it doesn't look very interesting for you, but, from now on, I can save my fingers every time I need to render something like the drawings you see below. I prefer to work hard once, so I can be lazy many other times. :)



 Subscribe in a reader

No comments: